Sunday, February 24, 2008

Polaroids from the "3rian in the Great Outdoors" Collection

A few things jump out at me in this picture. First, as you can see from the stocking cap and coat that I am a true Denver Broncos fan. Secondly, whats up with the A.D.D. kid next to me not paying attention? They haven't invented digital yet kid. We can't fix this. Pay attention and say cheese! Last, but not least, why am I wearing Elton John's glasses? Why!?!


When I would go camping with my family I wasn't allowed to be at or near the actual campsite. Ever. It felt as though my entire family and anyone else at the site had filed a restraining order against me just before we left. Like one of those 500 feet proximity ones. Good times.


O.k. this might be one of the reasons for the restraining order. If I'm not mistaken this photo was taken of me as a wee lad (no pun intended) after taking a deuce behind a tree at Cheney Lake. My grandparents black lab Sheeba would subsequently find my discharge and proceed to roll around in it. The cleaning of the dook afterwards was a lot of fun for my folks. Good times.


O.k. this could be the other reason. I can't really remember why I was constantly stripping down to my underwear as a child, but, I did. I also seemed to do it a lot while in the wilderness which again I can't quit understand. The look on my dad's face and look on the white lady with the afro's face is almost sympathetic in nature isn't it?


But, in the end, my grandma would always let me back in with the tribe. She was crafty like that. Plus, she had the most wicked white woman afro you've seen. Look at that thing!!! That is a true work of art. The thing had its own atmosphere and star constellation around it!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously, that has got to be a wig

Anonymous said...

Brian, as your mother, I feel bound to defend my own mother's hair in the camping photo. It just so happens, that was her very special "camping wig". She paid a lot of money for that, and would be heartbroken to know that her favorite grandchild dissed it on the WORLD WIDE WEB!!!!!!!!!!!