Saturday, February 23, 2008

The 10 Sweetest Nike Air Jordans Ever

#10 Nike Air Jordan XI ('95)

These came out when Jordan was playing baseball. I was so pissed that he quit basketball that I refused to buy them, even though they were hella sweet with the patent leather.


#9 Nike Air Jordan VI ('91)

I forget why I never owned these. They were the shoe Jordan wore when the Bulls won their first championship in '91. Maybe I didn't get them because I owned both the white and black versions of the AJV's and my parents were still trying to pay the loan off for those.


#8 Nike Air Jordan XIII ('97)

I bought these beauties and then could never find anything to wear them with. Unless you're balling in 'em, they just didn't go right with jeans. I loved the soles and they were the most comfortable pair of Jordans I ever wore.


#7 Nike Air Jordan V ('90)

I had this pair and the black pair of these in the 8th grade. I thought I was the shit in these. What I didn't realize until I actually got on the playground was I was still white, short and fat. But, I sure felt like I played so well when I had these on. I didn't.


#6 Nike Air Jordan XII ('96)

I was too busy trying to figure out how I was going to support my first child when these came out. The funny thing is I bought the red and white version of these (the black and white pictured here are better) from my cousin Davey a few years later. I don't know how much I paid or why I bought them to this day.


#5 Nike Air Jordan I ('85)

The Originals. The Classics. "The ugliest shoes I've ever seen", as my mom would say. I found a very used pair of these at a garage sale in like '88 with my mom. They were a size too big and smelly, but I had to have them. I think mom paid like a buck for 'em (what a deal).


#4 Nike Air Jordan IX ('93)

These were great Jordans. They were the best combination of looks and feel of all the Jordans I ever owned. My mom and dad got them for me for Christmas. They had to put a second mortgage on the house to get 'em. Thanks guys!


#3 Nike Air Jordan III ('88)

I traded a couple of Sega Genesis games to my buddy Chad for these in Jr. High. He took pretty good care of them so they still looked great. His folks bought him a lot of stuff so he could afford to trade them because he already had like two pairs of the new AJIV's. Lucky bastard.


#2 Nike Air Jordan IV ('89)

Other than not going to college and becoming someone my parents could be proud of, these are my biggest regret in life. I never got these shoes. My buddy Chad had both the white and black versions of these and I was so jealous. I was happy to be wearing the '88's and my parents couldn't really afford expensive shoes at the time like Chad's parents could. I don't know what Chads up to these days but I hope he's poor or at least really middle class.


#1 Nike Air Jordan II ('87)
My favorite basketball shoe ever. I had the low-top version of these in the 6th grade. They were the first pair of new Jordans I ever got. My mom and dad got them for me at The Athletic Attic in the mall before school started. I had to get them a size and a half too big because that was the smallest size they had. The AJIII's had just come out and these shoes never sold very well anyway so they were marked way down, so I get 'em. I wore them untill they fell apart. I've wanted to get another pair of these so bad online. What I always liked best about them was just how basic they were. They were also the only Jordans to not come in a black version. They were the last year to use the basketball with wings logo and first year to not use the Nike swoosh logo. To me they are a classic shoe and by all accounts the most forgotten of all the Jordans.

No comments: